The Blanch Law Firm has defense attorneys on staff possessing a superior understanding of the complicated laws and issues applying to Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) litigation. We defend persons facing racketeering charges within the state of New York, and in surrounding areas.
Several of our attorneys have worked previously as prosecutors in New York District Attorney’s offices and have strategic insights of RICO trials, including the process of investigations, and how to defend those charged with racketeering.
Our background includes knowledge of and experience with:
- bribery and bribery-related cases, including sports bribery
- Acts or threats involving Murder, murder for hire or kidnapping
- Gambling and transmission of gambling information
- Trafficking of Drugs or other controlled substances
- Counterfeiting and money laundering
- Restriction on payments and loans to labor organizations
- Wire Fraud, Mail Fraud and financial institution fraud
- Unlawful reproduction of papers or procurement of citizenship or naturalization
- False statements relating to the application, use, misuse or forgery of a passport, visas, permits or other documents
- Obstruction of justice
- Peonage, slavery or trafficking in persons
The maximum penalties for a person charged as a racketeer are stiff and may include up to 20 years time in prison and enormous fines. In addition to this, forfeiture of the business, personal holdings and any monies accumulated from the criminal activity are usually to be expected in settlement. These cases do not end in criminal court, since they are often re-tried in civil courts where plaintiffs are permitted to bring actions resulting in triple damage awards.
Government investigators are highly trained at uncovering racketeering schemes and will manipulate juries to believe that greed is the only factor – thus negating any sympathetic feeling from the jury. Once a racketeering scheme is uncovered, inexperienced trial defense attorneys often miss critical sections in the law that might be applicable in specific situations. The Blanch Law Firm has a team of attorneys experienced on all aspects of the laws applicable to racketeering.
The Blanch Law Firm has a successful history of winning in RICO defense cases and represents people facing racketeering and other serious charges. The attorneys at The Blanch Law Firm know the applicable laws and legislation, understand issues relating to judges, prosecutors, district attorneys and the technology used against in the defense of a racketeering or organized crime related charges.
We have experience with the following types of RICO litigation:
- Legitimate business claims
- Police misconduct
- False accusations
- RICO enforcement actions
- Victim reliance conflicts
- Dismissal actions
Racketeering charges in the state of New York are charges requiring an experienced team who understand the laws and fight aggressively to win. Call the RICO defense attorneys at The Blanch Law Firm today at (646) 350-0270 for your private, risk-free consultation.